You aren’t alone. There are more temptations around than ever during this time of the year. Social gatherings. Gifts. Traditions. Being out of rhythm with your normal routine. Travel. Being a guest in someone else’s home. Having guests in your home that don’t share your enthusiasm for healthy eating.
It seems like a never ending parade of alluring foods that carrot sticks have a hard time competing with. I get it. I, too, am around endless off-plan foods and have a hard time saying no.
So what do you do when you’ve slacked and you need to get back on track with your nutrition and workout plan?
Well…just that. Get back on track. Let go of the guilt, shame or whatever negative thoughts or feelings you may have about your “indiscretions.” It’s over. You can’t change the past. But you do get to decide your very next step. And your very next step can be to get back on track…if that’s what you choose.
Just simply get back not the proverbial horse.
Here are 5 Steps to Getting Back on Target with your Nutrition:
1) Clean out all the junk. Throw it out or donate it to a food bank if possible.
2) Make a grocery list. Make a list for a week or so of healthy eating.
3) Go to the grocery store. Get in your car and go. Only buy what’s on the list. Fill your home with good choices to help you get back on plan.
4) Politely decline any and all further temptations. It’s okay. You don’t owe anyone an explanation.
5) Be prepared. Take your healthy snacks with you when you go out. Take your lunch to work. Dine in. Do whatever makes it easy for you to follow your plan.